To use the Arcade2USB converter on Windows 7 / VICE you have to install a generic HID driver.
Some (if not all) Windows 7 machines won’t recognize the converter as a game controller, so manual driver installation is needed.
Follow the steps below:
- Open Windows 7 Device Manager
- Find the HID device with the yellow exclamation mark
- Right click and choose update driver
- Click Browse my Computer for driver software.
- Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
- Select Human Interface-devices (HID) from the list
- From the default system devices choose HID-Gamecontroller
- Click Yes (Installation of this device driver blablablablabla..)
- If everything went well, the driver has been installed..
- Close all windows
- Open Control Panel
- Open Devices and Printers
- If everything went well the Arcade to Mini64 controller is shown.
- Right click on the controller, and click on Game controller settings
- Select Arcade to Mini64 (if there are more than 1 controllers)
- Now you can test the controller
Some pictures are in dutch, if someone can supply the english images, please let me know..