Amiga 600 with HD boot problems.
This board had a recap because it leaked from the caps.
Some electrolyte leaked under the IDE header and a corroded the pins.
Sometimes after reseating the IDE cable it booted, but mostly it didn’t boot.
I removed the IDE header cleaned the mess underneath it and placed a new header (better one).
- Add flux to the old solderjoints of the connector
- Use soldering iron with a flat tip and push the pins gently out of the holes as far as they would go (see pictures)
- Take a desoldering iron of pump of lytze and remove the solder from the holes
- For the last part use hot air to heat up the left over solder that holds the connector in the holes and pull the old connector/header gently out of the holes.
- Place new connector and you’re ready.